Dental Hygiene/dental hygienist

Question
When a dental hygienist does a cleaning, how frequent is accidental dislodging/disturbing of bridgework?
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Paul,
Accidental dislodging of bridgework by the hygienist does happen, but not frequently..  There is a tendency for the patient to blame the hygienists when it happens.  In fact  it usually happens because the bridgework has already started to come loose spontaneously, but is not noticible.  So in that case it may be good because  discovery of the problem calls for re-cementation before new decay compromises the teeth involved.

I'll be glad to answer any follow up question on the subject.

Larry Burnett DDS

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS