Dental Hygiene/dental hygienist

When a dental hygienist does a cleaning, how frequent is accidental dislodging/disturbing of bridgework?

Hi Paul,
Accidental dislodging of bridgework by the hygienist does happen, but not frequently..  There is a tendency for the patient to blame the hygienists when it happens.  In fact  it usually happens because the bridgework has already started to come loose spontaneously, but is not noticible.  So in that case it may be good because  discovery of the problem calls for re-cementation before new decay compromises the teeth involved.

I'll be glad to answer any follow up question on the subject.

Larry Burnett DDS

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS

I can answer questions about prevention, elimination of, and non surgical treatment of periodontal diseases and early tooth decay. I can't answer questions concerning dental insurance payments.

Taught hygienists in a major dental hygiene school for about 20 years. Taught hands on courses concerning these categories to Dentists and Hygienists throughout the US and Canada including repeat lectures at the Annual Scientific Sessions of A.D.A. and A.G.D over several years. Personal hands on delivery of preventive hygiene services to disadvantaged children through a mobile school based prevention program.

RDH Magazine, Parkell, Dental India and some places of which I'm not aware.

Medical College of Virginia ( VCU) School of Dentistry.