Dental Hygiene/Redness on soft palate

I have a patch of redness on my soft palate, on both sides of the uvula.  The patches look the same.  They are just above the tonsil area.  Is this normal?  

Also I have developed a 'pimple' like bump on my soft palate as well.  Should I be worried?

I can't see the actual problems you are describing, but from what I can deduce the areas you describe are areas that commonly get better by themselves.  So the answer is you shouldn't be worried.

Having said that I will add something more important.  If the areas you describe, or any unusual area in your mouth persists more than a couple of weeks I would suggest you make an appointment with an Oral Surgeon specialist to check it out and tell you what it is.

Larry Burnett DDS

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS

I can answer questions about prevention, elimination of, and non surgical treatment of periodontal diseases and early tooth decay. I can't answer questions concerning dental insurance payments.

Taught hygienists in a major dental hygiene school for about 20 years. Taught hands on courses concerning these categories to Dentists and Hygienists throughout the US and Canada including repeat lectures at the Annual Scientific Sessions of A.D.A. and A.G.D over several years. Personal hands on delivery of preventive hygiene services to disadvantaged children through a mobile school based prevention program.

RDH Magazine, Parkell, Dental India and some places of which I'm not aware.

Medical College of Virginia ( VCU) School of Dentistry.