Dental Hygiene/Redness on soft palate

Question
I have a patch of redness on my soft palate, on both sides of the uvula.  The patches look the same.  They are just above the tonsil area.  Is this normal?  

Also I have developed a 'pimple' like bump on my soft palate as well.  Should I be worried?

Answer
I can't see the actual problems you are describing, but from what I can deduce the areas you describe are areas that commonly get better by themselves.  So the answer is you shouldn't be worried.

Having said that I will add something more important.  If the areas you describe, or any unusual area in your mouth persists more than a couple of weeks I would suggest you make an appointment with an Oral Surgeon specialist to check it out and tell you what it is.

Larry Burnett DDS
Lburnett2@comcast.net

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS