Dental Hygiene/dry socket

wisdom tooth
wisdom tooth  
I just recently got my wisdom teeth pulled out and was wondering if the healing was looking good? I'm really worried about dry sockets

Hey - what a great picture.  Its difficult, I know,  to get that good a photo that far back in your mouth.  From what I see, which is never as accurate as being there, everything seems to be healing normally.  it would be extremely rare for you to develop a dry socket at this site in the future.  A dry socket would have been apparent by now and seen as exposed bone in the socket and a lot of pain.

I hope I have taken away some of your worry as their is apparently nothing to worry about.

Larry Burnett DDS  

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS

I can answer questions about prevention, elimination of, and non surgical treatment of periodontal diseases and early tooth decay. I can't answer questions concerning dental insurance payments.

Taught hygienists in a major dental hygiene school for about 20 years. Taught hands on courses concerning these categories to Dentists and Hygienists throughout the US and Canada including repeat lectures at the Annual Scientific Sessions of A.D.A. and A.G.D over several years. Personal hands on delivery of preventive hygiene services to disadvantaged children through a mobile school based prevention program.

RDH Magazine, Parkell, Dental India and some places of which I'm not aware.

Medical College of Virginia ( VCU) School of Dentistry.