Dental Hygiene/Possible Dry Socket Concern

Question
Close Up 1
Close Up 1  

Close Up 2
Close Up 2  
Hello Dr.,

Thank you for taking the time to check out my photo.  I had two teeth extracted, one being a bicuspid and one being a molar. On Monday Sept 23rd due to extreme pain from an abscess under the molar.  The bicuspid was a completely broken crown that had worn down to near gum level and the dentist recommended removal.

Today is the 27th and the molar looks to be healing fine as far as I know.  After some internet reading as people are prone to do, I began to read about dry socket and I just wanted to inquire if had it.  There is no swelling or pain really around the gum and my breath does not have any serious odor(unless my wife is lying to me about that, which she definintely wouldn't).  I just see a dark spot on the gum that is worrying me.  Would you please take a look at my pictures?

Thank you,

Michael

Answer
Greetings Michael.

Sorry for the delay.  Great photos!.  It makes me realize how much medicine could be practiced through cyberspace.  The photos and your description lead me to the conclusion that everything is healing normally  There are signs or symptoms of dry socket.

I repeat, great diagnostic photos.  

Larry Burnett DDS

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS