Dental Hygiene/Possible dry socket

Question
1st photo
1st photo  

2nd photo
2nd photo  
It has been 48 hours since the tooth extraction of my lower right molar. The night of the extraction, I had a severe headache, but site of extraction wasn't too painful. (Is severe headaches common?) Yesterday, slight headache & site was a little sore, but not unbearable. Today, 48 hours after extraction, I am definitely feeling more pain at site of extraction...sometimes a sharp stabbing pain, enough where I needed painkiller. I'm worried I may have a dry socket, which I had several years ago when my bottom right wisdom tooth was removed. (With upper wisdom teeth removal, I had no issues.)

I am attaching 2 pictures I took. I'm not sure they're clear enough though.

Thank you!!

Answer
The pictures don't show the answer.  But if the pain is not lessening it could be a dry socket developing.  If it is not better by the time you read this, you should return to the extracting dentist for further advice.

I am sorry about the delay of this reply.

Larry Burnett

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS