Dental Hygiene/teeth pain

Question
QUESTION: I had braces and I got them off 3 years ago now I am having some pain on my bottom teeth and I don't know what it is can you help

ANSWER: Greetings Rebekah,

I'm sorry that I cant be much help here because I have so little information, that I can only take a wild guess.  Futhermore I don't know where the trouble is, front teeth, back teeth, or both?

I dont know if your problem stems from the orthodontics or from some newer problem like tooth decay.  If it is from the orthodontics I can only guess that somehow your newer tooth alignment is letting certain teeth hit harder and sooner when you close.  If this is the case, it can be corrected by an orthodontist or perhaps a general dentist.  

Possibly your teeth are hurting from some new decay or other problem.  The only logical thing for you to do is see a local dentist so he may figure out what is hurting.  I wish i could help more, but that is all I have under the circumstances.

Larry Burnett DDS

QUESTION: OK IT IS MY FRONT TEETH ON THE BOTTOM IN THE FRONT I HAVE A BOTTOM WIRE IN THE BACK ... A BOTTOM RETAINER IT IS SHOOTING PAIN ASK ANY QUESTION JUST PLEASE HELP ME

Answer
My best guess is that your pain is a result of previous orthodontic treatment.  But without taking x rays of the area, it is only a guess and it could be something else.

My advice is for you to go to the dentist that did the orthodontic work.  He or she will be able to take x rays of the area after asking some important questions.  He should want to know how long has it been hurting?  Is there anything that makes it better or worse, like biting on something or clenching your teeth?  Then he might want to tap on one tooth at a time to see how many teeth are involved in the pain.

He will need to know if it Is it constant or does it come and go?  Then he will know which x rays to take for a final diagnosis.  Even if you answered all these questions for me, I could not make a diagnosis without examining your mouth and x rays.

I'm truly sorry that I cannot help you beyond this advice.  I suspect your pain is severe so I hope you can get care soon.

Larry Burnett DDS

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS