Dental Hygiene/cleaning teeth

Question
Yesterday i asked a question about preventing tartar.Larry Burnett ca buildup. All experts replied, "Larry Burnett" cannot answer this question. You describe yourself, I can answer questions about prevention, elimination of, and non surgical treatment of periodontal diseases and early tooth decay. I can't answer questions concerning dental insurance payments.

Why would you sign up as an expert if you are unwilling or unable to answer a simple question about dental hygiene?

JOAnne

Answer
My reply to that question was a request to send the question to the answer pool where anyone who wants to answer it can.  I suggest that you will best reach the areas in question by holding the toothbrush handle so that it points outward from your mouth.  This puts your brush head in a position wher it is narrower and contacts only one or two teeth at a time.  That will allow you to reach those areas for thorough brushing.

The lower front teeth on the inside(tongue side) of the teeth are much more likely to collect the hard tartar/calculus because that is where the salivary glands deposit minerals that harden the soft plaque.  The inside of the top teeth are less likely to collect calculus so should need less attention than the lower teeth.

If it is still too difficult to brush, I would suggest you buy a baby toothbrush and hold the handle pointing outward from your mouth.

Good luck,

Larry Burnett, DDS  

Dental Hygiene

Larry Burnett DDS