Dentistry/Double Vision after a Root Canal

Sharon wrote at 2009-10-31 07:09:21
Thankyou for explaining this sensation.  I too was at the dentist for treatment to a back upper molar and after the treatment had to sit and wait an hour for the anasthetic to wear off because of double vision. I am writing this 2 days after treatment and my mouth is still sore as im convinced my dentist also drilled in inner cheek while working on offending tooth. I'm dreading going back next week for follow up treatment. I live in Lincolnshire UK.

Gogy Bear wrote at 2010-01-20 19:05:32
The exact same thing happened me last week where I got double vision, felt the liquid travel immediately to my eye when he injected me,was a bit scary as vision was bad, could see with hand over either eye but not on there own, he said not to worry my sight would come back after 20 mins or so, it can happen but not very often, he had to escort me to a waiting room as I couldn't figure out where I was going. Never heard of it happening to anyone before. It was a weird experience.  Thought my sight would notcome back but it did and he was calm which made all the difference.

Doublevision wrote at 2012-12-20 05:46:39
I experienced the same exact symptoms during a crown procedure recently.  The bad bruising on lower jaw and double vision.  I have had a great deal of dental work over the years and have a lot of confidence in my dentist, but have never experienced anything like this.  Glad that others have shared their experiences, I thought there was something terribly wrong with me.

Mark Bornfeld DDS

I can respond to all questions dealing with the practice of dentistry, from both the dentist`s and patient`s perspective. I am knowledgeable about all dental disciplines, from cosmetic dentistry to surgery, from restorative dentistry to root canal treatment. I have strong opinions about controversial issues in dental practice, including those topics which directly impact on the reputation of the profession in the eyes of both the lay public and our health profession colleagues.

Editor, Queens County Academy of General Dentistry newsletter; contributor to
29 years practicing general dentistry partnered with brother Steve as one-half of the