Dentistry/Sinus/face pain after sinus lift and implant

Geo104 wrote at 2015-04-27 21:47:19
You should also have a culture selectivity test done. A piece of the infected area is removed and sent to a lab for sensitivity testing. More and more bacteria are becoming resistant to penicillin derivative antibiotics. Your biopsy will be place in nutrient agar and grown. Then a lab technician will place small strips into the culture each with a different antibiotic. The bacteria will show the antibiotic it is sensitive to and which antibiotic to rule out. This doctor is using an educated guess based on his experience. I would hate to guess myself, but Ciprofloxacin is a good bet. But until you get the correct antibiotic. you are not only suffering but endangering the bone graft. don't

worry this is a quick turn around procedure. 3 days at most. In a week it will be under control. So

sorry I know you did not expect this. This Doctor should be more understanding. If your  pain is not bearable go to the hospital.  

Luis Granados DDS MS ESP.

Any question related to Periodontal disease (Gums), Dental implants, Prothesis over dental implants, bone regeneration, and guided tissue regeneration

Since 2002 in Periodontal surgery , dental implants and prosthetics

Spanish Society of Periodontics SEPA, American Academy of Periodontology AAP, American Academy of Implant Dentistry AAID, Peruvian Association of Periodontics and Oseointegration APPO, Peruvian Society od Dental and Maxilofacial Prothesis, International Association of Dental Research IADR,

Relationship between plasmatic progesterone and leukotirnes B4, Effect of centrifugal force over platelet concentration, Levels of PGE2 on partial removable prothesis abutment teeth, Bone regeneration with alloografts and xenografts on rat calvaria, continue ...

License in dentistry Spain, Doctor in Dental Surgery, Master in Periodontics, Specialist in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry