Dentistry/Sinus problem after anesthetic injection

Sally wrote at 2012-01-25 05:56:47
I am interested in the above question and response. I had a similar response to a dental procedure yesterday. I began sneezing during the procedure - also for crowning a tooth - and sneezed for the rest of the day and night. This morning I feel better although the urge to sneeze is still there. Only one side of my nose was affected but I streamed and sneezed all day. I do suffer from sinusitis and allergies but this was different to anything I've experienced before.  

Cindy wrote at 2012-02-22 17:38:13
I had same thing happen to me.  Got an injection in upper mouth, could actually feel the novicaine going into my sinus was a hot sensation in my face.  I have been sneezing continuously since I left the dentist office with severe drainage on my left side.  It has to be the novicaine being injected into sinuses.

geetam9 wrote at 2012-06-22 04:16:37
I would like to add that I experienced exactly the same symptoms as Lisa. After the dental assistant administered the anesthetic and fitted the temporary crown, my left sinus became stuffy and irritated, resulting in nasal drainage. It has been two days now, and the symptoms still have not gone away.  I have never experienced this problem before.

Kim wrote at 2012-10-08 15:43:07
I am having similar problems which scares me because two years ago after my first crown on the upper right, my palate was swollen and tender.  My dentist then did a root canal, which was probably not necessary.  The pain continued and one week later while bending over, a yellow liquid ran from my nose.  Apparently,  a terrible sinus infection but instant relief.  Of course, the dentist had never heard of such a thing.  This time I wouldn't let him give me a shot in the palate but I am still experiencing aching in the jaw, congestion, etc.  

Kstanz wrote at 2015-09-30 01:08:30
I also just came from the dentist after having new fillings put in, in 2 of my upper teeth. I have been experiencing non stop sneezing and a runny nose in my left nostril. I have tried a Neti pot with no relief! Started before I even finished in the chair! Could it be from the freezing??

Bryan M. Siegelman

I can answer any question in the area of dentisry. I am a Board Certified Periodontist, and am an expert on gum disease, gum treatment, and dental implants.

I have been in private practice for 18 years, and place many hundreds of dental implants every year.

American Dental Association American Academy of Periodontology Academy of Osseointegration

1986 DDS from the University of Maryland Dental School 1987 General Practice Residency St. Joseph's Hospital Paterson, NJ 1989 Certificate in Periodontics, University of Maryland Dental School

Board Certified in Periodontics