Dentistry/Air Bubbles in fillings ?

Mjj wrote at 2011-11-30 03:18:21
I had this same problem and today my dentist refilled it because of an air bubble. It CAN happen!

Nursebc wrote at 2012-12-08 21:08:04
I disagree w/this answer.  Think about an air bubble being trapped in a filling, it has no where to go, thus when you bite and cause pressure you are essentially pushing the air bubble against the nerve, thus causing biting pain.  Also, if you are sensitive to cold it may be an air bubble, as the teeth contract due to the cold it squeezes the air bubble and it presses against the tooth thus causing nerve pain.  Anything that creates pressure. Try very warm water and if that relieves it then it most likely is an air bubble being compressed.  Nurse and I am having the same problem, going to replace the filling soon. Hope this helps someone.  Not all dentists keep up w/current research, sometimes you must do it.

Dentistry

Mark Bornfeld DDS