Dentistry/facial cellulitis after tooth extraction

Justin wrote at 2010-02-09 09:36:23
wow #31 is lower molar not upper molar. no need to concern with maxillary sinus perforation with #31.  

Molly wrote at 2010-03-14 08:00:51

I am in a similar situation.  On my third cellulitus flare up and going to lose my job over it.  It is tooth #30,  Has your situation been resolved?  If so, how?  

Nicky wrote at 2010-08-03 11:46:00
that is why suturing the socket after the extraction is very important. this is something most dentists do not do anymore in their private practice.  I kinda agree that maybe the dentist who extracted tooth #31 perforated the sinus or he extracted tooth#31 and if you have abscess the socket should be checked if everything is removed.make sure when you take antibiotics you take it properly as the doctor ask you. or else the bacteria will be resistant to it. thank you

A dentist wrote at 2011-08-15 01:58:06
#31 and #30 is a LOWER teeth... there are no sinuses in the mandible.

Robert wrote at 2014-04-26 03:45:08
Tooth #31 is not near your sinus.  The guy answering your question does not know what he is talking about.  #31 is a mandibular tooth.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude