Dentistry/cheek retractors

Kristineanne wrote at 2015-04-22 02:38:51
I went to the dentist just recently to have a crown seated and they used a cheek  retractor. During the procedure I felt  like my skin was being stretched and it stung horribly. It felt like my skin was ripping.  I tried to adjust it even and the dentist assured me I was fine. When they took it off my skin turned blue. Within an hour skin was coming off my face. A week later I have a very deep scab, I am worried about permanent scarring. Sorry to tell you but everything has side effects and the jury is still out on how I will heal long term. I am really dreading the reality that I may have a scar there.  

Mark Bornfeld DDS

I can respond to all questions dealing with the practice of dentistry, from both the dentist`s and patient`s perspective. I am knowledgeable about all dental disciplines, from cosmetic dentistry to surgery, from restorative dentistry to root canal treatment. I have strong opinions about controversial issues in dental practice, including those topics which directly impact on the reputation of the profession in the eyes of both the lay public and our health profession colleagues.

Editor, Queens County Academy of General Dentistry newsletter; contributor to
29 years practicing general dentistry partnered with brother Steve as one-half of the