Dentistry/Gum facing inside of mouth hurts around root canal tooth

spikemom wrote at 2013-09-06 22:24:02
I'm also having the exact same prob a month after my #19 tooth had a root canal. It was fine the first week or so, but started hurting in the gums around the tooth about 2 weeks later. I still have the temp filling the endodontist that that the root canal gave me, because I havn't had the money to go back to my regular dentist for a crown. I don't really want to crown it permanently until it stops hurting anyway. Especially if I end up extracting it.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude