Dentistry/green spots on gum

alis wrote at 2014-04-05 16:27:13
Hi did anyone really figure out what could cause this? Im extremely worried for my 10 month old who has this problem as well

alis wrote at 2014-04-05 16:27:23

Marsh87 wrote at 2015-01-31 09:02:07

We have exactly the same thing on my ten month old little girl's gums.  Not an answer but she's had this now for about two months and I was so surprised when I googled it and your question and picture came up.  Just thought I'd let you know it doesn't seem like it would be a toy as hers is only the one but in exactly the same place.

Marsh87 wrote at 2015-01-31 09:05:50
Sorry thought I'd just follow this up as found this on another post....

it's called eruption hematoma, my daughter has the same's due to the gums becoming thin in front of the erupting tooth and some minor trauma causing a bruise in that area. Often it doesn't take much of a trauma to do this, just normal eating or biting on a toy. It does not hurt. Just like a bruise, it will tend to go away on it's own once the new tooth erupts. No treatment is needed. It is a good idea to get your dentist to look at it to rule out anything else.

Stephen J. Moss

I am a professor emeritus at New York University, with a background that includes extensive research, scientific writing and biology. I also am an international consultant in health education, particularly in developing education on new science for health professionals and consumers. I am a past president of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, former head of the NYU Division of Oral Biology and I represent the World Dental Federation at the United Nations. I travel around the world to provide health education to professionals and consumers.

Having retired from New York Universit, where I directed the pediatric dentistry training program, a walk-in dental clinic and research on oral biology, I formalized my professional and consumer health education initiative in the form of Health Education Enterprises. This entity consults and provides information on new science pertaining to oral and general health, particularly leading edge concepts that can be employed in the health professions to improve the public's health. As such, I am an expert in communicating new science and its usefulness to professional and lay audiences alike. I also had a pediatric dentistry practice in New York City for nearly 30 years.

I am affiliated with the American Dental Association, the World Dental Federation, the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Association of Pediatric Dentistry among other formal organizations. My experience has included a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health and work at the Forsythe Dental Research Center

lpha Omegan USA, Nowa Stomatologia Poland, Journal of Public Health Dentistry, The Journal of the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry USA, News Bulletin Japan, Journal of Marmara University Dental Faculty Turkey, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry Italy, Asian Dentist Singapore, The Journal of the Israel Dental Association Israel, ROBRAC Brazil, Italian Journal of Paediatric Dentistry
Italy, FDI World, STOMA Portugal, Pediatric Dentistry The Philippines, Modern Stomatology Bulgaria, Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry India

I obtained a doctor of dental science (DDS) degree, a master of science degree and am a board certified pediatric dentist.