Dentistry/tooth vitality test

I'd want to know that if a tooth(anterior) does not respond to a tooth vitality test( heat and cold test) then is there any hope that we still don't need any root canal therapy(in the case there is also a radio lucent part in x-ray photograph around the apical foramen)? I've heard of some blood flow tests in case of innervation .Is it for sure  going to be a necrotic anterior tooth? what if the root canal therapy is postponed?
thanks for your time :)

In the case you described, the tooth would require root canal treatment.  A failure to respond to hot/cold with a periapical radiolucency is consistent with a necrotic tooth requiring endodontic treatment.  This can be further validated by using an electric pulp test to confirm the absence of vital tissue.

If you delay root canal therapy, there will be more periapical bone loss and compromise your ability to keep the tooth long term.

Hope this helps,
Ketan Amin, DMD
Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics