Dentistry/Dental problems after gastric bypass surgery

Dawn wrote at 2012-01-23 06:28:35
Amy,

No matter what any doctor or dentist says. I have lost almost all of my back teeth and am struggling to keep the fronts. I had a very distal gastric bypass in 1993. Prior to that I had never had a cavity and my dentist actually brought his assistants in to show them a perfect set of teeth and gums!

BARBARA MACMARTIN wrote at 2014-05-22 06:33:29
i HAD GASTRO BANDING IN 1997. IN 2009 DEVELOPED PROBLEMS HAD TO HAVE IT OUT A YEAR LATER THEY DID STOMACH BY PASS. SINCE THEN WHICH IS COMING UP 5 YEARS I HAVE SPENT $37,000 ON MY TEETH I NOW ONLY HAVE ONLY 12 TEETH IN MY HEAD. I WOULD LOVE ANSWERS BECAUSE I HAVE LOOKED AFTER MY TEETH ALL MY LIFE AND IT REALLY ANNOYS ME THAT I HAVE HAD TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY WHICH I DONT HAVE TO SAVE MY TEETH WHICH IN ACTUAL FACT I HAVENT BEEN ABLE. I HAVE CONSTANT TEETH ACHE WHERE SOMETIMES I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I DID A LOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE THEY DID THIS OPERATION AND ASKED MANY QUESTIONS WHICH OF COURSE THERE WAS CERTAINLY NO HONESTY WHEN ANSWERING THEM BECAUSE HAD THEY BEEN HONEST I WOULD NEVER OF HAD THIS OPERATION.

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO