Dentistry/Ear problems after dental implants

Edwaed Findley wrote at 2013-02-07 21:46:16
I have 2 dental implants and seem to be have same problems fluid in ears and drain from sinus in morning. jaw pain that shoots up side of head to ear and sinus headaches. I've seen primary and ear nose and throat doctors who see no problems. The dentist says x-rays of implants look good. also tells me reactions to metal are rare. I'm ready to look at rare.  

C A Darwin wrote at 2014-08-28 03:53:19
I have had four implants over the past year under the expertise of the local dental college. In their carefulness, they discovered the need for a sinus uplift before one of my implants could be completed. I feel very fortunate for the precaution taken to keep my sinus, which had dropped into the area that the implant would be placed, from being compromised. The process for that implant took longer yet I couldn't be more satisfied. My previous sinus problems and earaches have been relieved, and my implants are awesome.

I may not be using the correct descriptive language, but I thought my experience might be helpful information for you.

Also, I have had metal reactions in the past so had those concerns, and have not experienced any at all with these posts.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude