Dentistry/16 month old dental issues?

Hello, my 16 month old was fairly sick for an extended amount of time. Between pedialyte and antibiotics, I wasnt able to brush his teeth because of how sick he was. Needless to say, he had beautiful white teeth before getting medicine and such. Now? his front, top four teeth are brown and black-ish! I tried hard and to no avail with a tooth brush hoping it could be cleaned. Is his teeth ruined until they fall out or is this a stain? Can it be cleaned or something? I'm very concerned. The dentists in my area wont even look at them because they dont look at kids under four! I cannot wait until he is four to do something about this.

Hello, sorry to hear about what your child and you have been through. After reading through your question, my best advice is to see a pediatric dentist. This is a dentist who specializes in dental treatment of young children and babies.Unfortunately, Most family or general dentists are not trained to treat babies and will not see patients until they are older.

The fact that the teeth are broken, leads me to agree with you, that this needs to be looked at now, by a pediatric dentist. Look in the yellow pages under dentist, pediatric, or google local pediatric dentists for your area. You can also ask your pediatrician to help with recommending a pediatric dentist for your child.

I am glad that you looked for further help, and are not waiting, your child's overall health has obviously been a problem, dental issues and infections will only make matters worse.
   Good luck with everything, It sounds like you are on the right path!

Marielaina Perrone DDS

I am a Family, Cosmetic, & Implant Dentist. I am well versed in virtually all of dentistry including dental surgery, dental implants, endodontics, periodontal disease, cosmetic dentistry procedures, dental phobia treatment, etc. Essentially if it is dental related I can help. Cosmetic Dentist Henderson Nevada Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Las Vegas Dental Implants

I graduated from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine in 1997 with my D.D.S. degree and have been in private practice ever since. I currently maintain a private practice in Henderson, Nevada.

Dental School: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine 1993-1997 Post Grad: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Advanced Education in General Dentistry 1997-1998