Dentistry/Black Stains on Teeth

Question

I am 20 year old male living in Bangladesh. I dont drink or smoke.

Recently I have found that there are a few black and brown stains on my teeth.
I tried brushing it off, but after several days the stain didnt remove.

The stains include black spots, black lines near gum line, brown spots and brown lines.

I searched the internet but couldnt find the name of the condition.
So what is this condition and what can I do to fix it?

Answer
I wouldn't consider this a disease or condition.  I often see patients from South Asia with the black staining that you described.  It's primarily due to diet.  I recommend continuing to see your dentist every 6 months to ensure that the staining is not decay.  Your dentist will be able to remove the staining during the cleaning with more powerful instruments than the ordinary toothbrush.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin, DMD
Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Dentistry

Ketan Amin, DMD