Dentistry/Laser for Nerve

Question
Dr. Finnk,I was told by a Prothsodontist that I could have laser treatment for the lower fron gum area, because I have nerve shocks where I have lost a small amount of bone there, He said tho, that this might be difficult, I have remaining teeth all around, so just center bottom area. It bothers me most at night. What can be done? Thank You

Answer
Dear Marjorie,

Here are two things that can be done:

The least expensive and easiest is to brush with a desensitizing toothpaste (Sensodyne or Crest Pro Health for Sensitive teeth).  In the evening, before you go to bed, rub this toothpaste over the exposed areas and leave it there while you sleep.  Your sensitivity should go away in a couple of weeks.

Another way would be to coat the sensitive areas with desensitizer and then a bonding material.  This usually blocks the sensitivity right away.  Your dentist would have to do this.

Try the first way first.  Then let me know what happened.  

Dentistry

Howard Finnk, D.D.S., P.A., CEO