Dentistry/overbite?

Question
Hi, I'm 16 years old and female and wondering if I have an overbite and if you think I may need braces:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/705/36497675.jpg
(sorry for bad quality of pic)

My two front teeth are slightly crooked as well (one is pushed a bit forward), and also the two front teeth on the bottom are a bit crooked but you can't see in that pic.

Also when I was younger I sucked my thumb up until about 12 / 13 years old (I finally forced myself to stop because it was causing my teeth a lot of pain). So I had sucked my thumb since a toddler up to 12/13 yrs old which is quite a long time. It was hard to get out of the habit.

thanks

Answer
The only thing I can tell from the photo is that you certainly do have an overbite or protrusion of the upper front teeth.  Many orthodontists will do an initial evaluation without charge to determine if you can benefit from orthodontic treatment.  I suggest you contact an orthodontist to see what you can learn about your situation.

Dentistry

Dr. Randolph Myerson