Dentistry/Dental need

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped off? So apparently my usual dentist "missed" tons of things as when I switched to a new fancy dental office with an amazing in house discount plan they found so many issues. I don't deny the issues exist, they did do tons of xrays and panoramic as well showing them. I just find it odd other dentist said all was fine besides the bad premolars and this super high tech office finds these. Just curious if this is a good deal or am I being ripped off. This is a great deal of money.

So 2 premolars need to be out, Im absolutely positive as they are decayed pretty bad  and painful and they refuse to do it anyway other than oral surgery. Anyways prices for all my work needed is as follows:

#4 ext $180
#13 ext $180
$350 for IV sedation for above...

#6/ML $80
#7 MLD $120
#8 ML $80
#9 DL $80
#10 MLD $120
#11 ML $80
#12 DO $80
#20 DO $80
#31 DOB $120
#2 O $80

On top of that these are the discounted rates on a 600 dollar a year in house dental discount plan.

So question is, should I get a second opinion or is this a fine deal? Also and most importantly, if i brush/floss/get checkups and all that like I'm supposed to after this work will my teeth be fine?

Dear Courtney,

You have no real way of determining which dentist was correct, other than seeking a third opinion. Discount dentistry is only a bargain if it is needed and done well. Also the $600 per year fee seems high. No matter what brushing properly, flossing regularly and getting frequent cleanings will help.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics