Dentistry/Effects of removal first molar baby tooth

Question
Hi Doctor,

My daughter who is 6 yrs and 10 months old , recently had her first molar baby tooth is extracted because of infection due to cavity . Our concern is will her permanent tooth  will come out  in that empty place or it will never erupt out ?
FYI : My daughter's first tooth came out at 12 th month and still she didn't loose any of her baby tooth .

Thanks
Sonali

Answer
usually when a baby tooth is removed, the permanent tooth under it comes in a little quicker than it normally would have come in. your dentist can keep an eye on this. you do want to make sure you do not lose space because of the early loss of that tooth. sometimes a space maintainer is needed. ask your dentist if this is needed. an orthodontist can even be consulted here.

good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS