Dentistry/Ehlers-Danlos and painful tooth

I have Ehlers-Danlos hypermobility type, diabetes, and a loose tooth x 2 weeks.  I am up late at night because the pain in my jaw is killing me.  I understand that the ligaments in my jaw do not hold the teeth strong and stable with EDS hypermobility type.  Is this pain something I will have to live with or do you have any ideas about possible treatments?  My dentist has heard of EDS, but he does not claim to be an expert on it, and we are learning together.  Thank you for your response.

Hi Tazzcat,

I'm not a specialist/expert in this field either.  I suggest you find a TMJ/Oral Facial Pain specialist in your area.  A neurologist may also be useful to consult.

Best of Luck,
KG Amin, DMD

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics