Dentistry/extraction

Question
My endodontist is wanting to remove a molar to clean out a pocket of infection which is causing bone loss.  He then plans to put this tooth back in.  I had one implant that took 3 tries to "take".  I am concerned that what he suggests will end up with the tooth not integrating into the bone again and I will end up losing the tooth and needing a bridge (will not have another implant due to prior difficulty getting it to take.)  Have you ever heard of this procedure?  I go to a reputable clinic associated with a dental school.

Answer
Martha,

No, I have never heard of a dentist removing a molar, so that he can clean the pocket, and then putting the tooth back in.

My best advice....go get a second opinion from a board certified dentist or oral surgeon that is not associated with the dental school.

If it were me, I don't think I would have somebody remove my tooth and then try to put it back.  

Jonathan
Patient Point of View  

Dentistry

Jonathan at PatientBabble