Dentistry/failed root canal

I have just had a root canal on my lower front tooth, the dentist has said that she couldn't get deep enough to clear the infection, I have made an appointment to discuss my options but am so unsure.
She has offered me the choice to go to a specialist, have the tooth removed and to have a denture and then eventually a bridge/
I am wondering though whether to try an alternative dentist first as the specialist option is very expensive and I am not sure if is due to her expertise that she couldn't get to it and maybe another dentist could have! please help as I just can not afford to keep paying out

Hi samantha
Root canals can be quite tricky. I learnt that once idid my specialisation. :-) each case is unique and challenging.... No wonder there is a specialisation in root canals.
Having said that.... Not all root canals can be treated successfully. ... Even by specialists, but its just that u stand a better chance of saving ur tooth when getting a root canal done by an endodontist.
coming to ur query....
My advice is that u should go to an endodontist.
The financial implications can be quite overwhelming initially.... But a root canal treatment saves u money in the long run.
From a biological standpoint.... U get to save ur tooth cos remember even the best bridges fail over time.
Dont give up yet... Have faith and schedule a visit with an endodontist.
Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)