Dentistry/filling was too high

Question
Hi,  I went to the dentist last friday to have a cavity filled.  The filling was to high so when i would bite down it would hurt my bottom tooth.  So I went back and he grinded it down for me, BUT my bottom tooth still hurts when I try to chew on that side.  Is it because the filling was too high and kepted hitting it throughout the weekend??  If so how long til it feels better?? Thank you

Answer
first off, make sure the bite is perfect and not hitting too hard...at that point it will just be a healing period...usually 4-5 days. if you still have pain, have the dentist check things out to make sure nothing is cracked on that bottom tooth. good luck

jeff dalin, dds

Dentistry

Jeff Dalin DDS