Dentistry/post root canal swelling/pain

its been 1 week since 2 root canals were done still swolen and swore and infected.  Is this within exceptable time frame?

Hi Reg,

I'm sorry to hear you're having these problems still. The simple answer to your question is NO, this is way beyond what we would typically expect. I suspect you have an unresolved infection going on. You didn't say if you were taking any antibiotics, but I suspect you should be. I would suggest that you call your dentist, let him/her know what is going on and ask for help.

Hope this helps.

Gary Backlund DMD, MSD

Gary Backlund, DMD, MSD

I am an Endodontist ( root canal specialist ) and can answer questions about root canals and their treatment. I cannot diagnose or treat online, but can answer general questions. I have been a specialist for 25 years and am Past President of the Washington State Association of Endodontists.

25 years practicing as a specialist

American Association of Endodonists, Past President Washington State Association of Endodontists.