Dentistry/remove a bridge

Question
what is the proper procedure? to remove the bridge before root canal on #6 tooth or have the endontist break the bridge while doing the root canal. Our dentist refferred us to an endonontist for a root canal. So he took a metal hammer and tapped hard on the bridge,it cracked #6 tooth and broke the bridge. Then he sent us back to dentist to have bridge removed. He broke it.
I need to know what is proper procedure.

Answer
There is no "proper procedure". Sometimes we can treat the tooth through the bridge, other times it is necessary to remove it. When removing the bridge, the porcelain can fracture, which is probably what you mean by the bridge "breaking". It is unfortunate but those things can happen. Even drilling through the bridge can cause the porcelain to fracture. It is very unfortunate when those things happen, but they do.

Dentistry

Frederick R. Liewehr DDS, MS, FICD