Dentistry/root canal

I first had a root canal performed on my bottom tooth when I was young. I was hit in the face and it chipped. I was advised that I need to do a retreatment because some 'bubbles' (the light areas to the right of the tooth root) and infection were present. During the procedure the tooth started bleeding but it did stop after about 10 minutes. Is it normal? I'm thinking that the instrument doc was using most likely went in too deep. The last time I had such bleeding occur resulted in tooth extraction however the tooth was fractured internally.
This has got me worried.

I'm including a before and after x-ray. I had some material present there before as well

Hi Tina-
Unfortunately, I think the xrays did not attach to your message:  so I haven't seen those.

However, bad on what your describe the "bleeding" may be a result of the infection draining through the tooth.  There are occasions when an endodontic file is passed to far and that can cause some bleeding as well, but usually not an issue.

I would continue to check this tooth with your endodontist (root canal specialist) to make sure it heals well and you can save the tooth.

Best of Luck,
KG Amin, DMD

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics