Dentistry/socket pain

Question
I had a tooth extracted 6 months ago after 3 years of complications ,two root canals on it and finally a tooth fracture. With flipper tooth and now temporary bridge I have pain and pressure if anything is touching the socket.Continued pressure on the socket leads to pain along the upper ridge of teeth to the jaw and ear. If i leave the teeth out after 1 hour or so all pain leaves. What is wrong? Thankyou

Answer
After 6 months of healing, the bone should be filled and no longer painful. There are a few reasons you could be experiencing pain, 1. The flipper needs adjustment because it is putting too much pressure on the area. 2. There is a bony spicule trying to work its way out of the gum tissue and is irritated by the pressure of the flipper. 3. There may have been a cyst or infection that is still causing pain.
All 3 of these issues require another visit to your dentist. Your dentist will evaluate the fit of the flipper, or determine whether an xray needs to be taken of the socket area.
I hope that your problem is resolved soon!

Dentistry

Marielaina Perrone DDS