Dentistry/Tooth question

Hi, I cracked off the corner of one of my molars approx 2.5 years ago, since then Ive brushed twice a day and used mouthwash and flossed. I noticed that I had one more cavity which is the exact same tooth on the other side of my mouth. None of the tooths have bothered me but I've recently lost the corner of that one but not as much as the previous one. After breaking the corner of this one I got one of my family members to look for other cavities fortunate she didn't see any but she noticed a little black dot on the tip of one of my front teeth. I was wondering is there anything I can use to removed the black spot like tooth mousse or anything. I'm planing on going to the dentist but my dental plan doesn't kick in for another couple months.

No Cody,

So far there is no product available that will remove a black dot. Some stains can be removed by using an ultrasonic tooth brush, but if the black represents decay it can not be removed at home.
Most likely if you have a tiny black dot, waiting two months will not make a big difference.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics