Dentistry/2 Broken Molars

I have 2 molars that are broken, both on the bottom one on each side and 2nd from the last (not including the wisdom teeth that are trying to come in on each side). The molar on my right is missing half and cutting up my tongue pretty good, while the left molar is missing about 1/3 (This had been filled about 9 years ago but fell out about 2 years ago). Now it is extremely painful to chew on either side and I've been eating soft foods with the front of my mouth. I have 6 months to wait before my dental insurance kicks in, would it be wise to ask for them to just be pulled or what should I do at this point? I am 25 and female (not sure if this matters?)

Hi amber
I am sorry for your state.

Just take a step back and ask yourself a question: WHY DO WE EARN MONEY?
I think the overwhelming answer would be : A BETTER LIFE AND GOOD HEALTH!

Removal is a solution but that's a compromise as chewing after losing a molar tooth becomes difficult. You might save money by shedding your tooth but the biological loss would be too overwhelming. Replacement would be more expensive and inferior to a natural tooth.
Visit your dentist and get your molars saved. Take Tylenol in the mean time.
Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)