Dentistry/2 Broken Molars

Question
I have 2 molars that are broken, both on the bottom one on each side and 2nd from the last (not including the wisdom teeth that are trying to come in on each side). The molar on my right is missing half and cutting up my tongue pretty good, while the left molar is missing about 1/3 (This had been filled about 9 years ago but fell out about 2 years ago). Now it is extremely painful to chew on either side and I've been eating soft foods with the front of my mouth. I have 6 months to wait before my dental insurance kicks in, would it be wise to ask for them to just be pulled or what should I do at this point? I am 25 and female (not sure if this matters?)

Answer
Hi amber
I am sorry for your state.

Just take a step back and ask yourself a question: WHY DO WE EARN MONEY?
I think the overwhelming answer would be : A BETTER LIFE AND GOOD HEALTH!

Removal is a solution but that's a compromise as chewing after losing a molar tooth becomes difficult. You might save money by shedding your tooth but the biological loss would be too overwhelming. Replacement would be more expensive and inferior to a natural tooth.
Visit your dentist and get your molars saved. Take Tylenol in the mean time.
Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani
India

Dentistry

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS