Dentistry/6 yr olds mouth

my 6 yr old has over night, developed a flap , yes a FLAP of skin overlapping his last molar on the bottom in the back, its coming up from behind the tooth, and his cousin just came up with the same thing within 24 hrs, and he has a case of infentigo right now, from the same cousin

Kelly -  Impetigo is a bacterial infection that often is spread from one person to others around him.  It is a highly contagious problem.  Oral lesions can come from impetigo.  You need to bring your child to the doctor, tell him of the problem with the cousin and the doctor will most likely prescribe an antibiotic to cure it.  With an antibiotic, healing should proceed quickly.  So get your child to the pediatrician immediately.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude