Dentistry/bone grafting for dental implant

My upper left central is missing. I had bone a graft (from synthetic material) 10 days ago for implant.After five days i saw a little lump inside the upper jaw near the graft site.Now i can see, it is still growing. Is it normal ?

Pk - The lump you see could be from some minor bleeding during the time of the surgery.  Now that it is growing, that area could be inflamed or even infected.  You should be examined by the doctor who placed the graft.  In the interim, you should begin a regimen of warm salt water rinses for about 2-3 minutes, in the area of the lump, and do it for 4-5 times a day.  Often the rinsing is sufficient, but have the area examined to make sure nothing more is occurring.

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude