Dentistry/bone grafting for dental implant

Question
My upper left central is missing. I had bone a graft (from synthetic material) 10 days ago for implant.After five days i saw a little lump inside the upper jaw near the graft site.Now i can see, it is still growing. Is it normal ?

Answer
Pk - The lump you see could be from some minor bleeding during the time of the surgery.  Now that it is growing, that area could be inflamed or even infected.  You should be examined by the doctor who placed the graft.  In the interim, you should begin a regimen of warm salt water rinses for about 2-3 minutes, in the area of the lump, and do it for 4-5 times a day.  Often the rinsing is sufficient, but have the area examined to make sure nothing more is occurring.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired