Dentistry/two broken front tooth

Question
Hi, im a 29yr old male and had recently had my two top front tooth knocked back from a knee to the face. I believe my tooth is broken but its still attached to the gum the right side doesnt seem to be loose but the left side is. My question is should i go to the dentist asap i dont have any insurance or anything to cover it i need help.

Answer
Michael - Absolutely you need to see a dentist.  Occasionally, the mobility you feel may not be a problem with the tooth itself.  Well it might not be the tooth injury, but the bone surrounding the tooth might be fractured, but the bone around the tooth might have been fractured, allowing the tooth to appear mobile.  For that rason you need to have yourself examined.  If the injury is due to trauma and the bone is fractured then the situation is medical.  If you can you and you might have medical insurance, you should see an oral surgeon.  If you have no insurance, then you might have a problem is nothing is done.  You could develop an infection.

So if you can, have that area evaluated.  I wish you well and hope the cure is simple.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired