Dentistry/buckle filling?

I recently had a cavity taken care of on by back upper right molar. The dentist also said he needed tot ake cae of the buckle on my tooth.... my tooth is now so sensitive i can barely touch it with my tongue and it is throbbing...should i go back or give it time?

Hi Patricia,

Typically a tooth can be sensitive for 2-4 weeks after a filling is done on it.  It should continue to improve over this time.  If it gets worse over this time, I would see an endodontist (root canal specialist) to evaluate the tooth and the nerve inside of it.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin, DMD

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics