Dentistry/buckle filling?

Question
I recently had a cavity taken care of on by back upper right molar. The dentist also said he needed tot ake cae of the buckle on my tooth.... my tooth is now so sensitive i can barely touch it with my tongue and it is throbbing...should i go back or give it time?

Answer
Hi Patricia,

Typically a tooth can be sensitive for 2-4 weeks after a filling is done on it.  It should continue to improve over this time.  If it gets worse over this time, I would see an endodontist (root canal specialist) to evaluate the tooth and the nerve inside of it.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin, DMD

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Dentistry

Ketan Amin, DMD