Please help --I am 60 and had very good set of teeth--Last week I ate some very hard nuts, as I tried to break them using my teeth, and three of my front teeth are shaking now--what shall i do until i see a dentist as I am in a tribal area for educational work. Thanks. pravin

ANSWER: Hi pravin
The only thing you can do is to shift to a complete soft diet, take lots of pain medications and rush to a dentist.
Unfortunately thats the most you can do at this time.

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your help, and your precious time. I will follow up your instructions about the soft food intake. Thank God there is no pain at all, so need no pain killers. The only worrying thing is that three teeth when touched on the front are shaking a bit!
Sir/Madam-- My problem is I can't reach a Dentist until the 8th of January from this area-Do you think I will end up loosing these 3 for life-As it will be such a pity, didn't realise I managed to do such destruction to my admired teeth by everyone just a while back, and now I may have to take them out. It is psychologically become so hard for me to except while working here, as am all the while thinking about the loss??

Of course I am really grateful to you already for your advise! If you can shed little more light on this, I won't bother you any more.

Thank you again for your valuable time to read and answer my problem.

Hi pravin
Its a little difficult for me to comment about your teeth cos i havent examined the condition and dont have any xrays and related data to analyse your case.
As far as loosing them is concerned, yes that may be an outcome of this delay but the silver lining to this dark cloud is that we are in the 21 st century and fixedteeth can be implanted with titanium screws togive you something thats next to natural teeth.
Read more about dental implants if you wish.

if for good or bad... Rest assured you will not crack nuts with your front teeth in the future.

Best wishes
Dr mayank kaurani

dr mayank kaurani BDS, MDS

rootcanals, cosmetic dentistry, dental pain, cavities, tooth colored fillings, endodontic diagnosis, post & cores, ceramic veneers, composite fillings, dental whitening, bleaching etc. please remember: i cannot treat you online and neither can i touch your teeth or test their health! i can give you general suggestions and critically evaluate various treatments and offer my advice.

14 years of clinical experience. i am a professor in a postgraduate dental school, in the department of endodontics. my primary field of specialization is in endodontics and conservative dentistry. i am a consultant endodontist in private dental clinics and run my own clinic restricted to conservative dentistry & endodontics since 2006.

DENTAL SPA, JAIPUR (INDIA). Mahatma Gandhi Dental College, jaipur(india)

new york state dental journal journal of contemporary dental practise

BDS, MDS (conservative dentistry & endodontics)