Dentistry/dental bridge

Question
Hi, my 4 tooth bridge recently broke. I had the bridge for about 15 years . The 2 teeth carrying the bridge cracked and broke at gum level. I had the 2 broken teeth removed and a bonded tooth cut off that was joined from the bridge to the eye tooth. I now have a 5 tooth denture. It's on the upperjaw. The 5 teeth run from an incisor to the pre molar . Can i get a 7 tooth bridge or would i need to have at least 1 implant. I hope you can advise me on what i would need.
Regards Clint Galtrey

Answer
A 7-tooth bridge will put a lot of stress on the teeth holding the bridge and will not survive for a long period of time. Your options would be either a removable partial denture or having implants and bridge over those implants.

Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Elsafi

Dentistry

Mohamed Elsafi, DDS, MS, FACP