Dentistry/Immediate Implants

Question
Dr. Elsafi, I just got a new lower partial denture, and only have 2 real teeth on it. I will soon be needing lower implants. Since all my ridge is gone, but Dentist said I have enough bone for implants, what type of traditional implants could I have where the place them and I could have my lower denture put in right away. I don't want to go without teeth. I would have to be on a pureed food diet, and I hate the thought of that. Is this posssible? Thanks

Answer
There are several dental implants companies in the US. It all depends on which company your dentist use and I'm sure it will have the option of temporarily/immediately placing teeth on the implants. Remember that this is a decision that has to be made by the dentist who places the implants because if the implants are not be stable when placed then he/she can not place teeth on them. In that case you might still use the lower partial denture till the implants are ready to have teeth on them.

Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Elsafi

Dentistry

Mohamed Elsafi, DDS, MS, FACP