Dentistry/inflammation above tooth 10

tooth 10 (left of implant)
tooth 10 (left of impl  
From the attached x-ray, what do you think is causing inflammation of gums above tooth 10? Does the crown appear to be the cause?

Dear Bill,

I can not tell why you are having inflammation around #10 from this X-ray. While it is true that an over contoured or ill fitting crown can help cause gingival inflammation, I can not make this assessment without an actual dental examination. I suggest you see a dentist for a dental examination. I suggest you ask the dentist why he believes you have your inflammation and whether it possible stems from the design or fit of the crown on #10.

Lawrence Spindel DDS,

Cosmetic Dentistry, Endodontics, General Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Comprehensive Dental Care

Former Clinical Instructor of Comprehensive Dentistry, and Prosthodontic Department New York University School of Dentistry. Also former instructor of Preventive Dentistry Columbia University School of Dentistry.

Ask Dr Spindel Dental Blog also numerous articles on (over 100 pages of original content)

1980 DDS New York University College of Dentistry 1981 GPR Manhattan VA Hospital

OKU 1980 Honor Society 1980 Long Island Academy of Odontology award for highest combined Academic and Clinical Achievement.
In 1997 he was elected to Fellowship into the International Academy for Dental Facial Esthetics