Dentistry/purple spot inside cheek

Question
Hi Dr.
A few weeks ago while out to dinner,I accidently bit the inside of my cheek while chewing some food.
There is now a very small roundish,flattish purple spot in that spot on my inner cheek.
(Looks like it's an under the surface bruise)
My question is -is there anything to do to help it heal faster?
Seems like if I press on it it almost disappears but then the purplish color returns.
I don't have any other dental issues.
Thankyou for any info.

Answer
Hi Bonnie,

No need to worry as this is exactly how you suspected:  a bruise where you traumatized the inside of the cheek.  Warm Compresses on the outside of your cheek will increase blood flow to the area to speed up healing.  

Other than that, there really isn't anything else you can do.  It should heal over the next 2-3 weeks, provided you're not continuing to bite/traumatize the area.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Dentistry

Ketan Amin, DMD