Dentistry/purple spot inside cheek

Hi Dr.
A few weeks ago while out to dinner,I accidently bit the inside of my cheek while chewing some food.
There is now a very small roundish,flattish purple spot in that spot on my inner cheek.
(Looks like it's an under the surface bruise)
My question is -is there anything to do to help it heal faster?
Seems like if I press on it it almost disappears but then the purplish color returns.
I don't have any other dental issues.
Thankyou for any info.

Hi Bonnie,

No need to worry as this is exactly how you suspected:  a bruise where you traumatized the inside of the cheek.  Warm Compresses on the outside of your cheek will increase blood flow to the area to speed up healing.  

Other than that, there really isn't anything else you can do.  It should heal over the next 2-3 weeks, provided you're not continuing to bite/traumatize the area.

Hope this helps,
KG Amin

Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics