Dentistry/Tongue question

Question
I just noticed while examine my tongue a yellow area on the very back lateral side of my tongue. It doesn't really look this way on the other side of my tongue. The tongue tissue looks more yellow with veins running through it. Is this normal or something I need to have checked out? I included a pic it's the spot on the very far back base of my tongue on the lateral border towards the bottom of the tongue on the other side of the indent.  I also suffer from geographic tongue but it never affects this side of my tongue only my left side and dorsal surface. Thanks.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/0B8E3F27-9165-4601-9EC5-6A4

Answer
Dear Kim,
would like to help you.
Regretfully, without palpating the yellow area, it is not possible for me to help you and tell you that I think everything is ok, but to be sure you should have someone make a diagnosis that is not based on your good description and excellent intra-oral photo.  There just is not enough information here for me to be absolutely sure nothing serious is going on.
My best guess is you are OK. My best advice, see someone in the next couple of weeks so that you and I are sure.
All the best,
Dr. Moss

Dentistry

Stephen J. Moss