Dentistry/treatment options

Single father of 3 with 3 more adopted children so time and money is issue. I am on way to dentist for first time in over twenty years for financial reasons even though kids go twice annually. I have several cavities, chipped teeth and gums have receeded back to the bone all around. With all these problems was considering full dentures over long procedures dragging out and they may be cheaper with less recovery.  Are there any other options to consider because the low income clinic doesn't give much advice just give you options and ask what you want.

In general, if you can avoid dentures, you should. There will never be the strength of chewing, taste of food or comfort of natural teeth. You also lose more bone when you remove teeth, making it more difficult to have good fitting dentures for the long haul. Generally, if you have a few strong support teeth, you can get a partial denture, which is stronger, tighter, and easier to get used to. I would advise you to ask which teeth can be saved as ANCHOR teeth for a partial denture. Possibly, you could extract the more hopeless teeth, and fix the ones that need less work and have better bone levels.
I would ask if the worst teeth could be removed, and that fillings be done on important anchor teeth, once finances are figured out, you can then figure out when to do your final partial denture.
Dentures are definitely an option, but remember, most healthy foods are not soft, they require adequate chewing. Consider the fact that, many children depend on you, and that your overall health is important too.  

Marielaina Perrone DDS

I am a Family, Cosmetic, & Implant Dentist. I am well versed in virtually all of dentistry including dental surgery, dental implants, endodontics, periodontal disease, cosmetic dentistry procedures, dental phobia treatment, etc. Essentially if it is dental related I can help. Cosmetic Dentist Henderson Nevada Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist Las Vegas Dental Implants

I graduated from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine in 1997 with my D.D.S. degree and have been in private practice ever since. I currently maintain a private practice in Henderson, Nevada.

Dental School: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine 1993-1997 Post Grad: Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine Advanced Education in General Dentistry 1997-1998