Dentistry/Yellow tissue side of tongue

Question
I noticed a yellow area on the side if my tongue. I am not sure if this is normal and always been there. The tissue just looks more yellow than the opposite side and has veins in the top of it. Is the very back bottom lateral base I tongue. Is this something to have checked out or just normal?

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/kkingery83/0B8E3F27-9165-4601-9EC5-6A4

Answer
Kim - Relax - your picture shows that yellow area, but it is not abnormal. It is a combination of fatty tissue and glandular tissue.  This is totally normal and nothing to worry about.  If you ever see ulerations associated, then it needs to be evaluated, but what you have is totally normal.

Have a great holiday and a happy new year.

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired