Dentistry/recurring pain in molar after temp. filling

Question
I recently (and suddenly) experienced severe pain in one tooth, molar I think..  went to a dentist (I am in Switzerland but return in one month ) who replaced old filling with temporary filling. The pain gradually subsided ,after a few days it was gone. That was 4 weeks ago. Yesterday it came back. Very suddenly.  Tooth aches periodically, tender to even touch it.  I am controlling the pain with Ibuprofen, and will see my own dentist when I return home at end of month...   is it safe to wait or should I seek immediate treatment out here in Switzerland (could be very expensive!) ..  I fear that if there is some infection then it could spread... maybe that fear is unfounded but I don't know.   I found this site by Googling and would be grateful for any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Mark,
I think it is a good idea for you to get treatment in Switzerland.  This tooth has been bothering you for a while.  I would ask for a referral to a specialist (endodontist) or you can look one up yourself on the internet.

I think the tooth could get significantly worse in 1 month so not worth the risk.

Hope this helps,
Ketan Amin, DMD
Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Dentistry

Ketan Amin, DMD