Dentistry/recurring pain in molar after temp. filling

I recently (and suddenly) experienced severe pain in one tooth, molar I think..  went to a dentist (I am in Switzerland but return in one month ) who replaced old filling with temporary filling. The pain gradually subsided ,after a few days it was gone. That was 4 weeks ago. Yesterday it came back. Very suddenly.  Tooth aches periodically, tender to even touch it.  I am controlling the pain with Ibuprofen, and will see my own dentist when I return home at end of month...   is it safe to wait or should I seek immediate treatment out here in Switzerland (could be very expensive!) ..  I fear that if there is some infection then it could spread... maybe that fear is unfounded but I don't know.   I found this site by Googling and would be grateful for any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Mark,
I think it is a good idea for you to get treatment in Switzerland.  This tooth has been bothering you for a while.  I would ask for a referral to a specialist (endodontist) or you can look one up yourself on the internet.

I think the tooth could get significantly worse in 1 month so not worth the risk.

Hope this helps,
Ketan Amin, DMD
Austin Center for Endodontics (Root Canal Specialists)
Austin Center for Endodontics

Ketan Amin, DMD

Graduating from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, I received a broad understanding of both medicine and dentistry. I continued my training at New York University, as a dental specialist in endodontics, which concerns root canal therapy, related surgeries, as well as diagnosing and managing various forms of pain occurring in the head and neck

Dentistry; Specialist in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy).

American Association of Endodontics American Dental Association American Academy of OroFacial Pain

Harvard School of Dental Medicine-Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) New York University College of Dentistry-Certificate, Endodontics