Dentistry/Torus Mandibularis Issue - Bony Fragment Extrusions

bren wrote at 2012-11-19 17:13:44
hi i have the exact  same symptoms and i am currently going through the pain  right now, for me its allways 4 to 6 weeks of discomfort, then i find i can get my

cleaned finger nail under it and it pops of with some force and a crack,never found anything that helps really, i may go and see if something like bongela (babies sore gums remedy helps).  

Shawn wrote at 2015-01-31 14:22:24
Hi Neil, I finally found someone in common with the same issue. Same situation with the ulcerated Tori expelling pieces of bone. Very painful and I am very tired of it. My Dentist charged me $400 to remove a small piece of bone when this first started. Two days later I was removing the pieces myself at home. He finally referred me to an Oral Surgeon who took some Tori out in the area that had been the problem. One week later I have another large ulcerated Tori. I am scheduled to see him next week and discuss complete removal of the Tori. I am done with the pain and will do whatever necessary. With no Dental benefits he was able to bill my health insurance. The first surgery I had to pay my $1000 deductable so now any future work done will be pretty much covered. Thanks for the post. Even my oral Surgeon is not too familiar with this so I was shocked to see someone like you with the exact same deal. Thanks, Shawn

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I am available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicine for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor and State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA -University of Connecticut DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine

National Honor Society (OKU), Philadelphia County Dental Society, Mosby Book Award, Oral Surgery Honors, Summa Cum Laude