Dentistry/Torus Mandibularis Issue - Bony Fragment Extrusions

bren wrote at 2012-11-19 17:13:44
hi i have the exact  same symptoms and i am currently going through the pain  right now, for me its allways 4 to 6 weeks of discomfort, then i find i can get my

cleaned finger nail under it and it pops of with some force and a crack,never found anything that helps really, i may go and see if something like bongela (babies sore gums remedy helps).  

Shawn wrote at 2015-01-31 14:22:24
Hi Neil, I finally found someone in common with the same issue. Same situation with the ulcerated Tori expelling pieces of bone. Very painful and I am very tired of it. My Dentist charged me $400 to remove a small piece of bone when this first started. Two days later I was removing the pieces myself at home. He finally referred me to an Oral Surgeon who took some Tori out in the area that had been the problem. One week later I have another large ulcerated Tori. I am scheduled to see him next week and discuss complete removal of the Tori. I am done with the pain and will do whatever necessary. With no Dental benefits he was able to bill my health insurance. The first surgery I had to pay my $1000 deductable so now any future work done will be pretty much covered. Thanks for the post. Even my oral Surgeon is not too familiar with this so I was shocked to see someone like you with the exact same deal. Thanks, Shawn

Dentistry

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired