Dentistry/#9 toth extraction post root canal

I had a root canal done on my #9 tooth. Within 3 days it swelled above the tooth under my left nostril. I was given Amoxicillin for ten days. My Dentist told me to see an Endodontist but due to work related problems I couldn't make it. On the 7th day of antibiotics I opted to have the tooth extracted. This is 2 days after and I still have a swollen lump under left nostril that extends into nostril. I feel like I have been punched in the nose and I am experiencing horrible headaches. The Lortab has little to no affect on the pain. What could be causing this inflammation and severe pain? I have been taking the antibiotics as directed.

What happened?

Crystal Baxter DMD< MDS

Dental malpractice issues, Prosthodontics. Geraitric dentistry, complications from dental treatment including nerve damage, TMJ, brain abscess, infections, sinus perforations, fatalities.

30 years of dental practice, 17 years teaching, University of Illinois, and Northwestern University. National lecture series on dental implants and treatment planing, 18 years as dental expert witness in dental leagl issues.

14 publications, see CV on website.

see credentials at Includes, graduate of University of Pittsburgh, DMD, certificate of Prosthodontics, Masters of Dental Science, certificate of Geriatric Dentistry.

National lecturer, various TV and radio spots including CNN and interviews by Debra Norville.

National expert witness experience, plaintiff, defense, and personal injury.