Dentistry/collapsed bite and bone resorbtion

Hi Dr. Kaufma,
I too have a collapsed bite caused by teeth extraction and having worn braces but that's only the beginning.
My nightmare began with only one rotated tooth. Four extractions and wearing braces 10 years later (following Dr's orders) my mouth is smaller that my eight year olds and I continue to feel my teeth to collapse even more! I have tried  prosthesis to restore facial structure because my teeth are not supporting my facial structure in any way but I feel that my teeth continue to move backwards. I also have major resorption in some of my teeth. I have lost all confidence in myself and I need help. I feel that there is so much damage that it may be beyond repair. is there any hope? How can I stop this from getting worse?

Dear Jannie:
I am sorry to hear of your troubles.  Unfortunately, in order to help you, you must present information to a qualified expert.  Since you are dealing with many factors, I recommend you that go to and look up a prosthodontist near you.  The prosthodontist is the expert in restorative, cosmetic, and implant denitstry.  He/she can evaluate your situation and recommend the proper treatment for you.  There is always hope and treatment.
I am sorry that this is all that I can give you over this very limited forum, but a qualified colleague will be able to help you.
Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Zev Kaufman, D.D.S.

I can answer any question from simple routine dentistry to very complex dentistry with emphasis on reconstructive, cosmetic, and implant dentistry. My expertise is in co-ordination of very complex treatment plans with other dental specialists or as a one-man-team, since I have extensive training in Prosthodontics, Surgical Implantology, and orthodontics.

Over a decade in private practice of Surgical Implantology and Prosthodontics. Founder and owner of Prosthodontics & Implant Surgery of Manhattan, PC. Clinical Assistant Professor at the Post-Graduate Department of Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry. Lecture weekly since 1999 on advanced Implant Prosthodontics at New York University College of Dentistry Post-Graduate Program in Periodontics & Implant Dentistry. Former clinical assistant professor of Dental Radiology at the NYU College of Dentistry. Former clinical and lecture faculty at Lincoln Hospital, Dental residency program. Former clinical and lecture faculty at St. Barnabas Hospital (Bronx, NY) dental residency program. Lecture nationally on Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry.

Memeber of the American College of Prosthodontics. Memeber of the Acacdemy of Osseointegration. Member or the Omikron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) Honors Dental Society. Member of the American Dental Education Association.

Graduated with Honors from New York University College of Dentistry. Post-Graduate training and certificate in the specialty of Prosthodontics. Post-Graduate training and ceritificate in Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Dentistry. Honors-program in Comprehensive and Applied Practice Management. Honors-program in Orthodontics.

NYU Cervice award to the community. OKU honor society. National Dean's List. National Who's Who.